Yes, there is a discount for prompt payment on current taxes on the municipal portion of taxes only. The discounts are as follows:
January 1st - September 30th = 6%
October 1st - October 31st = 4%
November 1st - November 30th = 2%
All property owners whether they have children attending school or not, are required by Provincial law to pay school taxes.
Meetings are held every 2nd Thursday of each month at the RM Council
Copies of the agendas and minutes are available under the Council tab.
To contact your Councilor please see the Council page.
Division 1: Travis Podbielski
Division 2: Larry Adamko
Division 3: Ted Boryski
Division 4: Clinton Nagy
Division 5: Robert Stacey
Division 6: Rene Piche
Maps of the RM of Garden River are available for pick up at the RM office for $25.00 each or can be mailed out to you for $30.00.
The RM also has Dominion maps for $20.00 each which can be picked up at the office or mailed out for $25.00.
To apply for a building permit the application is available on the "Application and forms" tab on our website. You can also pick one up in person or we can email you one from the RM office.
From the time you apply to the office to the time the permit is issued can take up to 90 days. No building can start until the building permit has been issued.
For further information on building permits please contact the office at 306-929-2020.
- Legal Land Description of where you caught the beaver(s)
- Copy of your Trappers License which includes the current date at which you captured the beaver, if you have a trapper’s license.
- We will also require your contact information to mail out a cheque
Please call the office at 306-929-2020 and provide the following information:
- your first and last name
- legal land description
- description of the work being performed
or fill out a custom work application located in the "Application and forms" tab and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advise depending on work load some custom work may require a wait before being performed.
Grading Driveways ( Snow Clearing) - $50 for the first 5min & $4 per additional minute
General Grading- $220 per hour
Tractor & Mower- $165 per hour
Dump Truck- $110 per hour
Loader- $165 per hour
Excavator- (Summer $165 per hour) + (Moving Fee $110)
(Winter $198 per hour) + (Moving Fee $110)
Non-rate Payor Custom Work- $325 per hour
Plus Fuel Surcharge of: 30%
- Photocopying –Black/White $0.50 per copy -$0.20 for nonprofit;
- Commissioner of Oaths Services – no charge;
- Tax Certificate -$25.00 per parcel;
- Title Searches –to be conducted at cost for owners only.
For farm animals:
If you know the owner of the stray animal, contact them immediately. If you do not know the owner contact the RM office at 306-929-2020. We follow the Stray Animal Act and The Stray Animal Regulations, which can be seen on our By-law and Acts page.
For domestic animals:
If you know the owner please contact them. If the owner is unknown please contact the RM office at 306-929-2020 with a description of the animal and we will post it on our Facebook page. Please send us a picture if possible.
The Transfer Station is located at NE 29-50-24 W2. It is open all year round every Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
From April 1st to October 31st the Transfer Station is open the third Tuesday of the month from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
For more information on the Transfer Station and a list of what is not accepted please see the Transfer Station bylaw under the Council page.
All roads are 66 feet (33 feet from center)
- Weirdale Grid, Meath Park Grid and Kalyna Samburg Road – 100 feet (50 feet from centre)
- Strongpine Road – 98 feet (49 feet from centre)
- Garden River Road
- Starting at highway 55 - the first two (2) miles – 100 feet (50 feet from centre)
- The next six (6) miles – 136 feet (68 feet from centre)
- The remainder back to 100 feet (50 feet from centre)